Adult Sites SEO – What Are You Doing Wrong?
If you are a newbie or even a more advanced webmaster in the field of adult sites SEO, it is clear that some questions are repeated on a regular basis. The real problem with search engine optimization is that there is seldom a legitimate answer to the ever-changing world of SEO. The reason behind this can be (in many cases) ignorance on the subject but the withholding of important information also plays a part in the equation.
As we all know, search engine traffic is a holy grail for most websites. The adult industry is no different especially with limited options to promote sites compared to the mainstream. This means that most webmasters are trying to get their piece of the action while many businesses are completely dependent on traffic coming from the search engines.
This is fine as long as you are doing what SE algorithms are looking for but in reality, the biggest percentage of site owners are enjoying SE traffic by pure luck. Yes, luck, which means having no strategy, no planning, and no safe future. This is when real problems start. Having this approach to business can work for years but it can stop working overnight, literally. Many people reading this will remember the panic the morning they woke up and checked their stats, noticing that their sites were kicked out of SERPs (search engine results pages).
This article is created to introduce you to basic adult sites SEO and explain what many people are doing wrong. Please be aware that the entire SEO subject is pretty complex so many things won’t be explained in this text but are planned for future GFY educational articles.
WHAT IS SEO?
We all know what this abbreviation means but what is behind it? The answer is simple. SEO is the collection of mathematically precise rules that are universal and available to every single website owner in the world. There is no conspiracy, or magic involved, just pure knowledge and persistence.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR SEO?
Maybe this sounds like a strange question but the adult sites SEO game is not for everyone. That is a reality. Much in the same way that higher education is not for the majority of people. SEO takes time, effort, patience and even money (if you want faster results). These time and economic factors are something most people don’t have or are not willing to invest.
In real life, there are different types of people around us. What we learned is that most webmasters are simply not meant to be successful with SEO. If this article seems long-winded and you are already getting nervous, then you are probably one of them.
The reason is that there are no quick results. Most people will quit if they don’t see results in a month or even less. Sure, it is possible to notice a difference in that period but ONLY if you already have a domain with high authority (which again, most people don’t have) or if competition is extremely weak. Competition analysis is a completely separate subject whose importance will be explained in the future.In our experience, we have identified several different personality types that will mostly fail in SEO:
- Distrustful webmasters – Certain types of people are suspicious about everything in life, including SEO. Not believing, constantly asking questions, people overly cautious will usually stop with SEO strategy before they even start. There are too many unknowns for their taste. These individuals usually pick the easiest and safest route instead of search engine optimization.
- Impatient people – Webmasters wanting everything here and now. This is not possible with SEO because there are many things to execute and improve over time. Otherwise, everyone would pay an SEO expert and have an optimized website. Who would rank then? Search engine optimization is an ongoing process of tweaking and fighting the competition and their SEO efforts.
- Lazy site owners – As mentioned above, there are many things to do especially if you have an established site that never properly implemented an SEO strategy. In many ways, it is easier when you are starting a new site, at least from the perspective of onsite SEO. Still, every scenario involves work fixing technical issues, investigating, comparing, competition examination, article writing, and link building, etc. Many webmasters faced with this predicament simply hope for the best, then decide to ignore everything and wait for the next SE algorithm.
- People not accepting new technologies – In the modern hi-tech world computing power is expressed in yotta and bronto FLOPS (yes, these are real words). There are constant technical improvements in the world of IT. This includes website promotion technologies and search engine advancement. This is simply nature of today’s world and inevitable direction where things are headed. We all remember keyword stuffing, placing invisible keywords on the page, relying on meta tags, etc. All those (and many other techniques) are obsolete. You can’t ignore things like voice search, semantic SE algorithms, mobile phones, artificial intelligence, etc. Each of these changes brings new rules and methods into the game. Still, there are people not willing to accept these ongoing changes. Picture individuals ignoring the inevitable future of electric vehicles. Their current vehicles run fine on petroleum base fuels, but will be parked once these fuels become obsolete.
- Indecisive type – Moving two steps forward then stopping or even worse, moving a step back. This type of people will just waste time and nerves. Given time they tend to share the same traits as the first person on this list (distrustful).
By now you should be slowly starting to get an idea of how many people are actually out of the SEO game. For the dedicated, this is not necessarily and bad thing as it leaves many potential opportunities. On the flip side, there are big companies along with smart responsible individuals working on SEO. Even while you are reading this article. The trick is that even today, there are plenty of opportunities in almost every niche where you can squeeze a share of the money. If you are in the webmaster business for the long term, a stable flow of search engine traffic is the rule, not luck or an exception.
SUCCESSFUL SEO PLANING SHORTLIST
Without getting into the details at this time, below is a list of necessary first steps when it comes to smart planning. Every webmaster or site owner reading this will quickly realize if the were following these steps or not. Each step is important and basically irreplaceable.
- KEYWORD RESEARCH – This is the first step, often totally overlooked for various reasons. Without a proper keyword research, there is no way to choose the successful path. Keyword research will tell you keyword potential and alternatives in a desired niche. Successful keyword research will give you information about which keywords are attainable based on your site ranking and how many monthly searches are inputted for your selected keyword. Most importantly, this research will provide keyword alternatives (long tail keywords).
COMPETITION ANALYSIS – With a list of keywords from above, your next step is to dig into the details. Considering that being ranked for a certain keyword is not an easy task, it is important to know how difficult it is to get there and how serious is your competition. If you start putting effort into something that it is clearly too competitive, you will lose money, nerves and time. This step is mandatory and where webmasters often fail to try to compete for keywords totally out of their league.
PLAN CREATION (KEYWORD MAP) – Once you have separated the best keywords, it is time to make an action plan. This means sorting targeted keywords by difficulty and properly planning an internal linking structure which is very important from an SEO perspective. Besides external links, internal links tell search engines what your page is all about. You must have a smart interlinking strategy (learn everything about Google Rankbrain). Persistence and adhering to the plan are crucial at this point.
TEXT (ARTICLES) PREPARATION – Each keyword from the map above must have its own page on site. Every one of those pages must have a good SEO score (what is SEO score is explained here) and that includes proper text on the page. What many webmasters don’t understand is that it isn’t enough to just have text heavy page. Sure, the text provides food for search engines but ONLY if it is written well. Webmasters are usually ordering articles from writers without SEO knowledge. You will need to be extremely lucky and have uneducated competition for your targeted keyword to have success with this approach. A high-quality article must have a suitable length which is something that is separately calculated by SEO experts based on the current top 10 ranking competitors where relevant key sentences and semantic constructions are used. If you don’t execute in this fashion, all previous effort will be in vain.
5. ONSITE PAGE OPTIMIZATION – This topic requires a very in-depth and lengthy explanation in its own right. Besides being long-winded, it might make this article more challenging to understand. For now, suffice it to say that Onsite page optimization is the most important step with SEO but in absolute relation with the others steps mentioned here. Please read this article which will provide a nice introduction of what is a good webpage optimization.
LINK BUILDING – Once you have gone through all the processes mentioned above, you can consider yourself successful with SEO for a targeted keyword. Now, this is where offsite SEO job starts. This means that you will need to obtain relevant links to that page from various sources. This is a never-ending process. The more you get, the more stable your position will be in the search engine results page. When competition is easier (one of the reasons why you need competition analysis mentioned in #2), fewer links are necessary for a good ranking. In practice this might be only a few relevant links but, it is different for every case.
Perhaps, you have now discovered your own personal answer to a very important question; What are you doing wrong with adult sites SEO?
WHAT ARE YOU DOING WRONG?
If you failed to do at least one of the steps in the short list above, you now know what is wrong and why you are having problems with rankings. Every step is in relation to the others. To illustrate better, it is like investing in and building a house without examining the ground before building a foundation. The house will stand as long as the weather is nice but it is just a matter of time before an earthquake hits in the form of big search engine algorithm updates with aftershocks of constant small algorithm updates. How will your house stand compared to your neighbors (competitors) that were built their homes by the rules?
CONCLUSION ABOUT ADULT SITES SEO
This purpose of adult sites SEO article was to offer webmasters a simplified explaining how SEO works. Every attempt was made to avoid using a bunch of technical “mumbo-jumbo” terms that tend to complicate an already complicated subject. In closing, it would be appropriate to add that working on any long-term SEO strategy is like investing in education. You should plan your work, then work your plan.
There are no legitimate shortcuts in adult sites SEO such as the temptation of applying black hat techniques. This approach will eventually see your site being penalized in future search engine updates. In time, results will come as this is the nature of the whole process. You can try to cheat which might yield results for a while. However, you will not survive long term if you fail to educate yourself, plan well and practice sound SEO principles.